An extended article I wrote for the spectacular new print magazine Film Stories has now been published. The feature is about the too often overlooked 90s rom com Jack & Sarah, starring Richard E. Grant, Samantha Mathis, Sir Ian McKellen, Dame Judi Dench and Dame Eileen Atkins. Spread across five pages, I argue that the film is well worth a revisit and discuss its many merits. It includes extracts from an exclusive interview I did with the writer/director, Tim Sullivan, who was very generous with his time and shared so many interesting stories about the making of his ‘baby.’
Film Stories, Issue 5, is available now from the BFI Shop, WHSmiths and via mail order. It’s a snip at just £5.99, or it’s even cheaper if you opt for a subscription deal! This issue also includes:
- The stars of Rocketman on bringing the Elton John biopic to the screen
- Richard O’Brien on the lost Rocky Horror Picture Show sequels
- The movie apocalypse films that have flown under the radar: Reign Of Fire, anyone?
- True confessions of a movie PR rep
- The woman who transformed Warner Bros’s movie marketing
- Jack & Sarah: revisiting an overlooked 90s British movie.
- The evolution of movie special effects, and the return of practical
- Three films and he’s out: the movie career of Yahoo Serious
- Celebrating the musical films of John Carney
- The trick to making a horror movie remake
So don’t miss out! And I hope you enjoy reading my lovingly crafted article!